Tuesday 18 May 2010

Six months (and a day)

Here we are, half way.

For the first time in a very long time I feel human again - and it feels good. Last week I spent five days visiting an old (and wonderful) friend. I drank too much of his beer (not that he minded), we talked constantly (about everything under the sun), I discovered that he can't play poker (to save his life), and for the first time in aeons I feel fully refreshed. It's a long time since my batteries were full; a very long time.

I haven't posted much of late. Well, here's the revelation - on top of everything that the last year has brought my wife left me a few months ago; I was devastated. For the first time since then I am able to look forward rather than think of the past. It might be fleeting, but it's a feeling that I know will return, and it feels good.

The bankruptcy? Right now, I don't give a shit; I'm 45 and I'm trying to build my life from square one.

Thank you Gregor, and remember the guiding mantra from the Big Lebowski - 'Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling.'