Wednesday 18 November 2009

The Insolvency Service calls

Got a call this morning from a chap from the Insolvency Service. He just wanted confirmation of a few things, basically stuff that was already on the forms that I submitted yesterday. He also told me that, if I wanted to sell my home, that I could 'buy out' for £411 the Official Receiver's stake on any profit from the sale of the property. I said it was a moot point as I was in quite a bit of negative equity and that it was our family's home - so I was both unlikely to want to sell, and there would be no profit anyway! He said he would put some things in the post anyway, and that there would be a few forms to fill in too, and could I send them back by return. He also mentioned that it might take 6 to 8 weeks for them to contact all of my creditors, and so in the meantime if I had any calls etc. that I needed to only quote my bankruptcy reference and point them to the Official Receiver's office.