Tuesday 24 November 2009

Preparing to talk to the Official Receiver

The Official Receiver calls on Thursday and I'm spending some time going through my Statement of Affairs. There isn't a lot to it really, my only assets are a house in negative equity and a small car - and the only thing worth discussing other than those are my outgoings.

My outgoings match my income to the pound and I really hope that they don't think I'm taking the mick. I worked out everything on a spreadsheet, almost down to the penny - and that showed a small surplus (but admittedly not a lot). For the online form I had to round everything to the nearest pound - and the exact match with my income is a fluke based on that rounding - it could have been a tenner up or a tenner down, but that's the way it worked out.

I put everything into my list of outgoings, trying to be as up-front as possible. I know some things will be denied, and that is fine. There are actually a few things (like clothing allowance) that I probably have set too low, and I haven't even got any entries for things like dentists, vets bills or holidays so maybe there will be swings and roundabouts. Maybe. I'm trying to anticipate as much as I possibly can, even down to the reasoning behind me really needing the car (or *a* car at least).

I've felt stressed the last few days, I don't know why. I'm sure the Official Receiver will be professional on Thursday and I know they will treat me courteously and fairly. I guess time will tell if the stress was required or not.